These are pivotal times – both for Franco-German relations and for Europe as a whole. We’re pleased to offer you an insight into the discussions of our Pariser Platz Dialogue, where high-level actors from France and Germany met to discuss ways to move forward on a broad range of topics within the European Union. The talks on December 1 and 2 in Berlin were held under consideration of the Chatham House rule. Further below, you will find an analysis of the discussions.
The following topics were on the agenda:
- Tackling inflation and promoting growth: what would help?
- Organizing continued European support for Ukraine: The steps ahead
- Priorities for the Franco-German couple
- Taking stock of European and national energy policies: What challenges lie ahead?
- EU institutional reforms: Preparing for enlargement
- Shaping European Security Policy: Towards a common defence
In a public discussion closing the Pariser Platz Dialogue our panelists analyse and offer an overview on where we stand on crucial topics such as energy, security, economic prospects and the reform of European institutions. Drawing on the findings of high-level Chatham House sessions, they show what they expect from both countries and what the next steps ahead to tackle Europe’s challenges are.
Please find the recording of the discussion here:
Photos: Maurice Weiß, Monique Ullrich